Thursday, 31 May 2018

Steady away

First day steady away, the shortest leg of our journey and just covered 7.5 miles to our first camp site just beside Newby Hall near Ripon on a piece of old common land with grass up to my chin me been 6,3ft. I met up with Pat here in her wagon, she was meant to be driving with us with her Bowtop is joining us along the way in her horse box instead, we've had steak on the BBQ and the chitty is out with the kettle on for pot washing and tea before bed, the gin and tonic was also out.
Peggy is happily tethered up nearby and is content with all the grass. 
As I lay in my bed typing this blog I can hear Peggy munching and the roaring traffic on the a1 less than half a mile away.
Gill is to meet us in the morning for an early breakfast and a steady plod through Ripon then onto  Masham for lunch.


Blog will continue tomorrow, good night all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment