Its Tuesday of course and we have just covered 13.4 miles in two journeys stopping for breakfast after setting of at 5:45 am, we drove 8.3 miles then stopped on a piece of common land we call Wattyacks beside the River Eden for breakfast cooked by Pat on arrival.
We set off again 9:30 only a short length and arrived in Kirkby Stephen for shopping, we carried on a few more miles reaching Soulby which is our last camp before reaching Appleby itself tomorrow.
We have covered 65.9 miles in 21 hours and drove 8 journeys tomorrow been our final one to cover 10 miles for 4 days of rest to begin the home journey on Monday 11th.
Tonight is a home cooked chicken curry and G&T's which I think Gill is cooking as she's the best.
The sad thing is Gill has to go back home tomorrow to Harrogate as she has work to go back to, she's a great friend and has a right good sense of humour and I will miss her company, I think she wants to do it all again next year this been her second trip with me, but I have a plan (I can't say until next year)...
The sad thing is Gill has to go back home tomorrow to Harrogate as she has work to go back to, she's a great friend and has a right good sense of humour and I will miss her company, I think she wants to do it all again next year this been her second trip with me, but I have a plan (I can't say until next year)...





No comments:
Post a Comment